Business Start Up Online Training Course
- Delve into new ideas & possibilities, new products & markets and fresh approaches to difficult challenges in an existing business.
- Learn how to understand where these new ideas fit in the market.
- Explore business structure options & fundamental risks and how to manage them.
- Explore basic pricing & break-even scenarios, along with marketing messages, elevator pitches and calls to action.
- Receive your strategy spreadsheet to set up goals and measure your success.
Learn more about the Business Start Up Online Training Course (WATCH FREE VIDEOS)
Small Business Management Training Courses
Who are these suited to?
WHETHER YOU WANT to be in business for yourself, or become more valuable as an employee, these courses will teach you how successful and professional business owners operate. These business online training courses are for people who:
- want to start their own business
- want to buy and run an existing business
- are already in business and want to change, develop or grow aspects of their businesses
- want to explore a new way to market their business
- are having problems in their business and need training or personal help.
YOU COMPLETE OUR Small Business Management training courses with the help and guidance of a business coach or mentor and course content also includes interviews with successful business owners and small business experts.
The Complete Business Cloud Package
YOU CAN OWN or manage a business with the training included in this package! The Complete Business Cloud Package contains a series of business, finance and marketing courses designed by successful Australian business owners that provide you with a total solution for building a successful business from scratch, or becoming a qualified business manager.
Plus you’ll learn how to design and implement a marketing strategy using today’s modern marketing tools: Google, Facebook, WordPress and more — and all with a dedicated course completion coach, an experienced and successful business owner, to assist you to completion.
Mentoring and Coaching
A MENTOR OR COACH is an experienced business person who will keep you focused and committed as you complete courses. Sessions are in small and easy-to-manage time slots of 15 to 25 minutes for 26 sessions — one for each subject in your course.
Learn more about the Business Coaching
IMPROVE THE WAY you manage the processes by which your orders are taken, products & services are delivered, customers supported, products ordered and all of the tasks that result in the customer receiving what they ordered.
Learn more about the Operations & Office Administration
SALES IN THE ENGINE of any small or large enterprise. Learn how to sell more by understanding that it’s not about pushy pitches, but about learning what people need and want and learning how to find this out in an exploratory way.
Learn more about the Selling Academy
FINANCIAL SUCCESS STARTS with costings, break-even analysis of new products, sales forecasting, budgets and ultimately ends in profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow reports.
Learn more about Finance, Bookkeeping & Accounts
Professional Small Business Support
MAGGIE RICHARDSON HAS helped thousands of people go through the process of starting a business in Australia. She has authored several books on the topic as well, available to order from this website.
Our team of coaches and mentors comprises business services professionals like chartered accountants, writers, sales coaches and business owners and they have contributed to the small business course with real life scenarios and examples.
Most of our support team have completed our business courses or operated their own independent businesses. These people are available to help you succeed with your goals, keep you on track to achieve your goals or simply help you navigate around the course and learning management system.
Learn more about our Professional Support
Small Business Mentors
A small business mentor is someone who has been or is currently involved in business and the person you work with and we offer course mentors or professional mentors. Course mentors are available to act as a sounding board, share their own stories as well as use our educator resources to help you complete the course subjects.
Read more about Business Mentors
Share a Cuppa with an Entrepreneur!
Imagine being able to listen to the business insights on a regular basis with entrepreneurs — all from the comfort of your own home or office!
YOU CAN NOW be privy to invaluable tips and information from proven experts in business — all in an informal and interesting way, just as if you were sharing a cup of coffee with them, via our Business Owner Interviews.
Using the connections and contacts of our academic board we’ve been fortunate enough to speak with business of all shape and size, including:
- Independent real estate agent
- Aged Care product importer
- Juice bar and entertainment retailer
- Professional service business adviser
- Internet and email marketer
- Networking educator
- Design and Construct roofing builders
- Gift ware wholesaler/retailer
- Internet car parking service
- Promotional products provider
- Book writer and publisher
- Professional bookkeeper
Read more about our Entrepreneurs and training style
Free Business Strategy Analysis
Whether you’re brand new to business, starting out at as a contractor or freelancer, or have been in business for several years, — we have someone who can help you.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND personal development go hand in hand because there are challenges at every stage of business through startup, growth and liquidation. The bigger the business the more important it is to understand the challenges and find strategic partner, advisers or mentors who’ve been there before and can help you understand how to manage the change.
Take advantage of our free needs analysis to see how we can help.
Business Owner Interviews
Our casual interview-style presentations will give you insight into how successful business owners and managers do their work. It’s second nature to them and you’ll gain the confidence to be able to do it yourself in your own business.
- Google Adwords, local search and more
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Relationship and referral marketing
- Business structures including Sole traders, companies, partnerships and trusts
- How to raise finance for your business
- Accounting software programs
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Using Microsoft Excel efficiently
- Steps to take to sell your business
- Using social media to improve your brand
- How to protect your brand
- Tools to help you with customer service
- Tips to help your customers recommend you
- Using Mobile to increase sales
- How to motivate your staff members, and much more!
You can now learn from a professional in an animated and absorbing way and listen as they are asked questions about the topics they know.
Thousands of keen students across Australia are spending time and money improving their skills to become more employable, get jobs, change careers etc, and they’re willing to become interns for your business.
We have a placement program designed to benefit both students and employers.
Register as an Intern Placement Provider and find your next employee
Get help with Payroll Administration and HR
- Hourly rates
- Single Touch Payroll
Create a Business Plan
- Information about the product / service
- Information about your competitors
- Your key advantages over competitors
- Your marketing message
Plan how you will manage your business, hire staff, supply products/services as well as billing and financial goals. We can help with a business plan for you.
schema type=”event” evtype=”BusinessEvent” url=”https://www.australiansmallbusiness.com.au/courses/small-business-management/researching-the-market/” name=”Research the Market” description=”Start the small business course anytime and learn at your own page how to identify: Your industry or industries, Who are the players, How does it work, What changes have happened recently, What trends are impacting on your possible product or service, Who are your competitors, Why should I buy from you?” sdate=”2020-01-21″ stime=”10:00 am” edate=”2021-01-21″ duration=”08:00″ street=”Online” city=”Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth” state=”NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA” postalcode=”2000″ country=”AU” ][schema type=”event” evtype=”BusinessEvent” url=”https://www.australiansmallbusiness.com.au/courses/small-business-management/7-marketing-action-plan/” name=”Marketing Action Plan” description=”Learn when to use Google Adwords, website SEO, blogging, Direct Mail, Letterbox Drop, Telemarketing, Local Newspaper, Radio and Television. ” sdate=”2020-01-22″ stime=”10:00 am” edate=”2021-01-22″ duration=”08:00″ street=”Online” city=”Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth” state=”NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA” postalcode=”2000″ country=”AU” ][schema type=”event” evtype=”BusinessEvent” url=”https://www.australiansmallbusiness.com.au/courses/small-business-management/11-selling-your-products-and-services/” name=”How to Sell – Sales Training Course” description=”Selling is the key to success in every business. Learn how to define the exact product/service that the customer is willing to pay for, How they wish to use your services and be supported and how they want to pay for it. Then systemise your sales process to make it automatic. ” sdate=”2020-01-23″ stime=”10:00 am” edate=”2021-01-23″ duration=”08:00″ street=”Online” city=”Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth” state=”NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA” postalcode=”2000″ country=”AU” ]
The Australian Small Business Blog
- New course content for each of our online courses (Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support)
- Free training videos and content that we release — and there's lots of them!
- Free tips ‘n’ tricks relating to the content in our courses