ASBC Student Terms and Conditions
ASBC stands for Australian Small Business Centre Pty Ltd
ASBC Commitment to Privacy
The ASBC needs to collect personal and confidential information required to manage and process your registration and course involvement for training. None of this information will be released outside ASBC, except where you consent in writing or required by law and where it needs to be shared with our education and training partners for the provision of training and accreditation.
The staff and trainers here at ASBC undertake a commitment not to distribute this information to any parties that fail to identify themselves in accordance with ASBC rules and procedures. At ASBC, we abide by the principles of the Privacy Act and have integrated these principles into our workplace. We may send you information on other materials offered by the ASBC, generally by email; however, you can choose not to opt out at any stage.
Your personal information gathered may also be used by ASBC for reporting,
Communication, appraisal, evaluation, reviewing and grading. Rest assured that only authorized ASBC representatives will have access to this type of information.
ASBC – Fee Policy
1) ASBC will only accept course enrolments online via the ASBC website https://www.australiansmallbusiness.com.au/enrol/ or via the enrolment form on any official partner websites.
2) ASBC requires Certified copies of 100 points of ID. Which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (You can find details about the 100 point system here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_point_check)
3) Prior to studying with ASBC, you may be asked to complete a LLN (Language, Literacy & Numeracy) test so we know if you require any additional resources or help. This is done via an Online Multiple Choice Questionnaire.
4) If you are paying with a credit card you will be taken to the Paypal site where you can securely enter your credit card details, you can also pay using a PayPal account. If you choose another payment method you will automatically receive a Pro Forma Invoice which you will need to pay before we issue a Tax Invoice. If you have an approved credit account you must send the purchase order or written order confirmation before the student can commence.
Once the above clauses have been met, the student will be granted access into our course/s.
ASBC – Refund Policy
ASBC has a strict 7 day refund policy.
An Enrolment Fee will be refunded only when:
a) The student notifies ASBC in writing (Email is accepted) that they do not wish to commence training. Notification must be received no later than 7 days after enrolment form being received by ASBC.
A student, who notifies ASBC of a withdrawal other than in accordance with clause a) above is not entitled to a refund.
The refund will be paid:
a. Within 14 days of receipt by ASBC of a notice of cancellation in accordance with clause a) above.
b. Back to the person who paid the course fee to ASBC.
c. Via the Issue Refund service through Paypal.
d. Minus $120 for a Booking Administration Fee, per enrolment
e. Minus a fee of $30 for each and every workbook which has been accessed, where there is a record of access in the Learning Management System.
ASBC – Reassessment Fee Policy
Students of the Australian Small Business Centre who applied for the Nationally Recognised Certificate option upon enrolment automatically have 3 chances for assessment submission for review before final accredited assessment. Should a student be deemed ‘Not Yet Competent’ after the official accreditation assessment and still wishes to maintain in the course he/she can complete the assessment again for a fee of $155 for each unit of Competency (UOC).
The student will be given the option to re-do the assessment and if chosen so, an invoice will be issued and sent. The funds must be received prior to any reassessment.
The Australian Small Business Blog
- New course content for each of our online courses (Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support)
- Free training videos and content that we release — and there's lots of them!
- Free tips ‘n’ tricks relating to the content in our courses