Introducing The Selling Academy Sales Online Training Course 101. Even if you don’t work directly in sales, pretty much all business is about selling a product or service. In this way, sales knowledge applies to all bookkeepers, web designers, remote and face-to-face sole traders and contractors — absolutely anybody in business.
This course on how to sell will teach you:
- how to determine who your best kind of customers are and why
- how you are going to target those customers
- how to identify and sell the benefits of your product or service
- just how the sales process works. Being a competent and effective sales person means following some proven rules; rules on negotiation, how to deal with people and how to close a sale — and we cover all of this in our Sales Training Course.
Best of all, it will help give you the confidence you need to go out there and start talking to people, networking and getting your business up and running. There’s loads more covered in this course — see the bottom of this page for more details!
Why Sales Isn’t Scary…
Salespeople tend to get a bad rap. We debunk the myth that being a salesperson makes you a “pushy peddler” who uses a scattergun approach to make people buy things they don’t want, need and can’t afford. Who wants to be associated with that!
Rather, the sales process involves:
- asking the right questions
- knowing who to ask those questions to, and
- qualifying whether these people have the capacity (eg. money and time) to do business with you.
The Sales and Marketing Funnel
The sales funnel is just sales speak for the “sales process”. Your goal is to create a funnel that you lead customers through when purchasing your product or service. Keywords used to describe the steps in a sales funnel are:
- Suspects (people who don’t yet know about you)
- Prospects (people who are aware of you)
- Customers (people who buy from you)
Selling to Corporate Customers
The Selling Academy Sales Training Course 101 covers how to use relationship and referral marketing to sell. Selling to corporate customers is more complex because of the size of these organisations. Corporate customers are often comprised of many individual business units that operate separately but under the same brand. The process of selling to corporate clients is often called Account Management. You may have one branch or division as a customer — and now you want the rest.
How to Close a Sale
The Selling Academy Sales Training Course also covers how to manage objections – and why they are good!
Learn how you can remove risks for people and reduce the fear that comes when people are forced to make decisions. Some means of easing people’s minds and making them feel more comfortable include providing money-back guarantees and free trials and so forth. This removes as many objections as possible so there are no reasons for people to “no”. We also cover the marketing message and how you can give feedback back to management or marketing to ensure your messages are attracting the customers you want.