Filled with useful information to save you time, frustration and costly mistakes, ‘Starting a Business in Australia’ is an easy-to-read guide to making your business idea a reality and then moving it on.
Are You Studying Business at High School or TAFE?
Maggie Richardson’s ‘Starting a Business in Australia’ is highly recommended as school text from Year 11 upwards.
Are You Starting a Business?
Whether you are starting a new business or want to get your existing business back on track, this book will give you skills and exercises to help you get back on track and grow your business.
*** SPECIAL OFFER ***
Join the StartUp Academy Cloud Package and receive a copy of the book (limited number available), digital versions of the the book and new content, online video interviews, the partnership agreement course and template, software training courses on WordPress, Google, Facebook marketing and advertising, Social Media marketing, Xero Accounting software, online student support and mentor phone support.
*** SPECIAL OFFER ***
Has Your Bank Asked You for a Business Plan?
Starting a business plan isn’t easy. It’s hard to get started on a plan for a new business when there are lots of things you don’t know or understand. This course and the exercises in the book give you the guidance to follow a step-by-step method to create your professional business plan.
- Choosing the right structure — for instance, setting up a Pty Ltd Company
- Business planning
- Financial planning
- Costing your product or working out your hourly rate
- Defining your “break even point” — the point below which you cannot go if you want to stay in business
- How to research
- How to set out a marketing action plan
- How to record your operations processes
- How to write a mission statement
- How to define and achieve your goals — both personal and business PLUS much, much more…
Subjects also covered in Maggie’s Book include common questions such as:
- ABN — Do I really need one?
- How do I write a business plan
- Can a sole trader employ people?
- What is the difference between a contractor and an employee?
- How many trading names can I have?
- What other help can I get?
- Financial Forecasting — how do I do it?
- E-Commerce. What does it really mean? * Websites. Do I really need one?
- How do I protect my business ideas?
- Networking. How can I make it work for me?
- How do I work out my Break-even?
- How do I set up a Marketing Plan?
- What laws do I have to comply with?
- and much more…
What readers say about this book. ————————————————————————————————————-
Learn the fundamentals of doing business in Australia. Our digital course contents are regularly updated to reflect latest industry trends and knowledge, but it all starts with the book.