You need to be up-to-date
The skills you learnt in your trade or professional are the skills that got you your first job. Your experience at your first couple jobs gave you the next ingredient to progress to more responsible roles at bigger companies and it’s all because you kept up to date! You know what is going on, you know how things work and you know the people who work in the industry.
All the aspects of putting a business plan together are relevant throughout the life of your business and as well as keeping the financials up-to-date, you also need to ensure that you are keeping up-to-date in your marketing, business processes and that you are taking advantage of the best legal structure for your business.
- Did you know that Business Names (once the domain of state level government departments) is now managed nationally by a federal body?
- Are you aware of equity funding opportunities that are becoming available like Crowd Funding and small investment boards like ASSOB (Australian Small Scale Offerings Board)?
- Do you know that you need to clean your database to comply with the Anti-SPAM act?
- Do you know how to run your business through a trust structure?
- Did you know that life insurance is a succession planning tool?
Webinars with professionals
During 2013 we will be conducting interviews with industry experts as well as members of our Academic Board to help uncover the latest news that is relevant to small business owners. If you have been in business for a while and have a successful business based on the business landscape of the past, how will you fare in the future with different forms of online marketing and competition from internet based companies, off-shoring and more?
These are other reasons to join the Australian Small Business Centre Small Business Management course. Keep yourself up-to-date and current and learn from industry experts.